Monday, March 1, 2010

A Handful of Videos


We've been sick, and videos have helped get us through. I have become a regular user of netflix to keep us watching what we actually select, vs. the poor advertisements even during quality shows. We have recently watched 'An Old Fashioned Thanksgiving' from the shortstory by Louisia May Alcott. It was precious. My boys enjoyed it, as it had plenty of snow, and some mild adventure. They liked 'Where the Red Fern Grows' as well as 'The Yearling' more but those are about boys, and their adventures with animals & outdoors.

The 'Thanksgiving' film included a trailer of other films from Affirm Films. There were several I'd seen advertised or was familiar with their story. Be sure to click over there to see other offerings that I'm sure will inspire. I think we'll check out 'Faith Like Potatoes' next.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I do hope your family is better soon! Have the boys seen Old Yeller and it's sequel Savage Sam? Both are old disney movies and my girls loved the. But definitely a boy movie. (forgive me ahead of time - I can't remember if their is any language in them).
I'll have to check out the movie you mentioned about the potatotes. Seems like someone mentioned it was good.

Jane D. said...

Do hope you all get better very soon and thank God for films!

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

love faith like potatoes. GREAT movie. watch the documentary too

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...