Thursday, February 25, 2010

Redefining Success


Redefining Success
After a particularly challenging day, I came upon this post. Momma, you were right. Just look outside your door if you think you're having a bad day. There's always someone who can 'top' you.
The writer of this particular article, which articulates so well the concept of true holiness for the christian - was diagnosed with a brain tumor last Thanksgiving Day (09). He has 3 small children, & a wife, who saw his collapse & subsequent seizure, he doesn't even remember.
He sees his current circumstance in a far nobler way than I would.

This article is profound, and I believe a representation of what really matters to him, even before these circumstances permanently changed "normal" as he knew it.
Thank you,
Habits for a Happy Home for sharing this christian's story.
photo: Mother Teresa ,a life lived by Romans 12:1-2

1 comment:

Annesta said...

Laura,
I am so glad you posted this. Even before I clicked over I thought of Matt. We live in Houston and his church is in the Dallas area. My daughter and her fiancee have attended that church every time they are in Dallas visiting his sister. His sister's family are members of the Village Church.
You are correct...it is an inspiring story.
His messages have made an impact on my daughter and God has used him to turn her heart back to Him.
What a great post, Laura. We all need to pray for Matt and his lovely family.

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...