Sunday, December 13, 2009

Home Tour: Multitude Monday - One Thousand Gifts


I spend alot of time in my laundry room. So I tried to make it pleasant.
I'm so thankful for a huge laundry sink.
And my washer & dryer. I love 'doing laundry'. I just don't like to fold it. (That's an antique laundry poster from Colgate... I'm a textile major. I know how to get stains out.)

So the other 2 pictures are of things I see when I fold laundry. That's my bedside table, I see while I fold the mounds of laundry I didn't show you in this post. And that's the 'blue bird' I love that I see when I put the clothes away. Also the dragonfly & bumble bee that match the butterfly by my bed. And my bee skep that I've never used... but would like too.


I'm thankful. These are favorite collectibles, that don't break when my kids crash into the furniture, or carry the bunny around(which is cast iron). I'm catching on to parenting wild boys.

I share these picts because 2 of my favorite bloggers challenged me. One to seek 'Lovely', and the other to be thankful.
These beautiful things, to me, in my home(3) remind me of outdoors(4), rambunctious boys(5), lots of muddy laundry(6), laundry to fold(7) detergent that smells good (8) and a comfy bed with flannel ticking sheets to rest in when the long day is over(9).

When putting Jack to bed to night, he said "I'm so happy."
I said "It's nice to have a comfy bed to rest in." He said, "Somtimes, the Sleep Army wins against the Awake Army." I'm thankful for warm, comfy beds for my kids.(10,11)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a lovely home and list!

And your laundry room... I love it! I can almost smell laundry freshness from here. : )

Blessings to you!
Jennifer

Jenny said...

Very pretty laundry room. I have a laundry room sink and cannot imagine ever being without one.

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...