Monday, November 30, 2009

Delayed Cooking - Oven Timer


I made this with my oven. I just can't seem to get going with a crock pot. I'm sure it has to do with watching my Mom trust that the oven would not overheat while we were at church, but it always smelled amazing when we returned home, and I don't think I've ever seen my Mom use a crockpot. Roast (beef )of any cut, 1/2 cup prepared, unflavored coffee(left over sunday morning), 1/4 soy sauce, salt pepper, one onion sliced and fill roasting dish(pyrex, pan, roasting dish...)with water and cover w/foil. Put in oven, allow for about 2 hours time cooking and set the timer. Test it while you'll be home, if your faint of heart.
I added carrots & red potatoes to this dish & served with Mrs. Shuberts rolls. Delicious Sunday Roast. Btw, these are my responsibility creating, Pier 1 , 1.99/ dishes. See other Works for Me Wednesday ideas at We are THAT Family.

No comments:

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...