Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Stand and Deliver


In searching other bloggers sites, I was reminded of a movie I never saw... but should have. I appreciate movies about teachers and portray situations in eeducation. Especially the good ones. Semicolon has a list of 107 movies and she includes this movie-- 'Stand and Deliver' with Lou Diamond Phillips (which I have not seen) as well as another 'The Winslow Boy' (which I did see).

My Dad mentioned this movie to me recently, when I told him Jack had not been required to demonstrate his effort to memorize the Cub Scout Promise to receive his patch. ('stand and deliver') Even Boy Scouts has lowered the bar, lest we put someone on the spot and suggest that they actually do the work to receive the reward.

1 comment:

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

Wow...that's really sad! I'm always amazed at how little is required or expected of kids these days. the joys of homeschooling......

Cute new look by the way!!

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...