Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Schoolroom Decorating

We opted to consolidate the kids beds into one room to create a schoolroom. This was a hard decision, with trade-offs, but I'm optimistic. I won't go into the plus/minus aspect right now- its just too new to make that list. However, one plus is the Decorating factor for me. (big smile). I have been waiting to find just the right combination of equipment before making any purchases. But let's just say, the table is on the way. The UPS man is earning his keep this week. He is also getting a workout running from Millie.(she's getting older and a bit more territorial... I hope he doesn't leave our packages on the curb today..)

Pictures to follow, but for now, I will share an amazing alphabet that looks like a whole heap of fun to make. Girl with Fabric is/was decorating for a nursery, but my wheels are turning trying to figure out how I can justify the time commitment. Con's - not an accurate example for handwriting... Pro's -- big fun for me & the kids & super cute eye-candy for the days ahead. We'll see whether practical Laura can stick to the goal of creating a school room and not get carried away.

2 comments:

You Can Call Me Jane said...

Laura, I'm really excited for you. I love having a semi-separate school space (ours is half play room) and can't wait to see the finished product. Have fun!!

Shannan Martin said...

I did an alphabet wall "just" like this for our play room. It was loads of fun to do!

I'm loving the one you showed with the beautiful fabrics. :)

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...