Thursday, May 24, 2012

Remembering Those who Serve

We are home from 3 day practicum of Classical Conversations.  I did complete the tutoring portion as I will be a substitute this year. It is also a part of the plan for me to be a supplies assistant with the fine arts & science portions. I won't go into more about CC right now, or academics for the fall, but I am so  excited about all the amazing things for this coming school year. Practicum was so much more than I hoped for. Amazing parents working together, sharing experiences. Great 3 days.
The boys & I are celebrating the first full day of summer, saying no to the regular question 'can I watch a show?' & eating watermelon. I'd like to say we came home classically wonderful, full of deeply meaningful conversation, but that just wouldn't be real. We are avoiding the big box tho. Ready for a great Memorial Day Weekend. Thankful for those who served and presently serve making our easy & undeserved life possible. May God bless us in our endeavors to press forward to the mark of His high calling. For His purposes, and His glory.

2 comments:

Annesta said...

Beautiful post, Laura. Those that can be excited about a new year of teaching and learning before the pencils cool off and the books get the first covering of dust are truly teaching superstars in my book!
God bless you and give you rest and lovely long summer days filled with all that makes you feel joy in your heart.
Hugs
~a

Roan said...

It looks like yall are going to have a wonderful summer! Enjoy!

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...