Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Real January






~~I changed my blog format and its a little out of wack. But that would be what the first 2 weeks of January have been like for us anyway. Do you Jenga? This is Henry's new game. And he's all over it. in fact he's upside down for it.
The weather doesn't help. We've been to the nearby shoals lately and enjoyed the new camoflage in our closets. You can't really see my stick-child in the middle of the picture can you? He's there. They always ask 'can we get wet?' Why, of course you can. What would be the point of coming here. Of course they were frost bitten (at 60*) and had to have hot chocolate with mini-marshmallows when we got home. But that was the point. We needed out of the house & we needed winter. Fire in the hearth winter. And our weather just hasn't given us any.
I made cookies last night while the boys painted miniature electric football teams & soldiers. We call Henry''s 'the blue-men'. Eric painted Georgia men, but came home with U of Florida paints. I told him I didn't think LSU did so poorly the other night that we needed to change teams. He said he just needed an opponent. Not to worry.
I'm a 'johnny come lately' fan of LSU. but you can't not be while living in Baton Rouge. We we're there for 4 years within walking distance of the campus, and I was 'team-less'. A blank slate if you will. Eric was unchanged. But loves it like he loves other SEC teams. He's a 'Big 10' man. I was a woman without sports religion. Remember, I went to school in Kentucky. Land of Basketball. Sorry UK, you don't bring it, in football.
Anyway, 'real January' is here. We start Teaching Textbooks Math today. And continue with all of our other curriculum. We were sick on Monday, so we missed our first CC class, and start up of the new 6 weeks. Our next fine arts 'Artist' is Norman Rockwell. I'm so excited.

3 comments:

Shannan Martin said...

Lady, I've never heard of Momastery! Hilarious. How can anyone be that funny? Thanks for the suggestion. And no worries, I didn't think you pegged me for a self-tanner. ;)

Have a happy day - extra mini marshmallows if you are able!

Annesta said...

You make me laugh Laura! I can picture your sweet boys getting all wet and shivering while you make them delicious hot cocoa.
I love your new header...all the pictures! The one of you and hubby in front of the Biltmore, the beautiful flowers...just so lovely. And loving your blogging lately. Here's to a huge winter blast that brings real winter.
Hugs and lots of love,
~a

Kerrie said...

Thanks for the kind comment about our christmas album! How have you been? Love the new layout! Blessings!

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...