Thursday, August 25, 2011

I miss Millie & a Kitten Question



No one tells you how you'll miss your dog, or how much you'll appreciate that silent conspirator in the room. Man's best friend who never 'talks back.' But today, as I looked at cats at the Humane Society at our local Pet-co, I couldn't help but compare, wish, remember. It was another time altogether in our lives this sweet girl came about. But there she was. And Larry the kitten, one of 3 stooges in a cage, well... I'm just not sure. I'm a little jaded these days. But perhaps Henry will get his wish. He loves, loves, loves cats/kittens who will let him pick them up. He loves all animals.

We've crossed 2 official birthdates, Jack is now 8 & Henry is now 5. We've finally started soccer... Henry would awake in the middle of the night, perhaps to go to the bathroom, and say 'Do I play soccer tomorrow?'. Really??? Have mercy, child. He was ready for life to begin at 4. One of those not-so-low-key kids. Love him, love him, love him. Both of course.

Well, do I get the kitty named Larry or not? He's only on hold till noon tomorrow. Time will tell.

Miss you Millie. My sweet companion.

2 comments:

Dawn Chandler said...

Oh friend, I cannot wait to hear if you add to your family!!! So excited!

Annesta said...

So wonderful to see you and read about your "happenings". We are dog folk and love our little white highlander terrier. She's pleanty naughty, but we love her.
Have never had a cat but I'm sure I would love one, too.
And, how fun to be so excited about something you wake up at 4 a.m. Love that!
hugs
~a

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...