Friday, November 12, 2010

Another 'Maybe' House














































Every room has paneling, except 3 downstairs. The kitchen was re-done in 1968. As were the bathrooms. It's orginal house was built in 1840. Yeah, one might call this a 'total-gut' job, but it's got potential. The addition is the kitchen which has vaulted ceilings & a working fireplace in the 'keeping' room. The kitchen window looks out on the swing on the tree. It has a barn & pastures, and enormous bedrooms. It actually is plummed with 2 bathrooms upstairs. & 1.2 down. and some acreage not too far from civilization. Finding the balance betwen being in the city & in the country is an issue for us. We were urbanites long enough to need to get to town-- quick!
We'll see. Who knows....
I'm visiting here to get some inspiration.

5 comments:

You Can Call Me Jane said...

I love it! The open kitchen/living room area is an awesome thing to have in a really old house (ours is really chopped up- no big areas). Paneling can come down- we had that in our upstairs, too. We turned it into wainscoting in our dining room. We have a nice balance between country and town- 10 minutes into town, but we're clearly in the country- it's really nice. The purple carpet is hilarious! Okay, I'll stop. Can you tell I love house shopping?:-)

Laura at By the Bushel said...

That's what I thought too! about the 'wainscotting'! Thanks THHP!

Dawn Chandler said...

Oh love it! It has so much of our kind of "potential!!!" Just now started following you - how did I miss that before?? Can't wait to hear more about this house!

Annesta said...

I do see the possibilities and am certain that you would make it look amazing!
praying!
~a

Kate Hedglin said...

This place has great potential! And if anyone can turn it into a dream home, it's you girl! Panelling is no big deal says my brilliant hubby :)... he said many people even mud over the panelling and create a drywall look without removing it.

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...