Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Still waters

Ann Voskamp shared in this post, the benefits of enjoying nature. I've also been re-reading The Last Child in the Woods, by Richard Louv, an eye-opening read about the lack of exposure to nature in children today. But it's not just exposure, it's experience. Eric mentioned to me last night, while reading from the book, how he remembered the texture of the trees he used to climb. I can also. Those kind of memories are created when your mind isn't focused on perameters or safety. When you can wander.... and not be concerned about being hit by a car.

No comments:

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...