Saturday, October 9, 2010

An offer on a House

If you've ever made an offer on a house, the waiting game can be painful. We did. and it's well, uncomfortable. It is possible we'll receive a positive response, but there we're other offers. Perhaps better than ours, perhaps not better. For now, we'll pray, go camping & just wait for the outcome. Posession or the desire of that possession can consume a person. However, it's not my right to be consumed with that. Or frustration/anger if it doesn't become ours. I am to be content in all things. So we'll camp, play games, worship, keep the kids encouraged about our dreams & what's befor us today.
Isn't the house beautiful? a 2 over 2 with a nice addition. 1840's. yep. interesting.... Enough to keep me awake at night, several nights in a row.
Update as of 10/12/2010-- our offer didn't fly. But I'm really ok with that. We're going to keep on looking! Our home will be out there!





3 comments:

Annesta said...

Oh, Laura!!
Your post is simply beautiful. The feelings that you put out there...your transparency. So precious.
The house is lovely and I will definitely pray that you can rejoice in the outcome, knowing that ultimately God has that perfect house for you and your family.
Thank you for sharing!
And your little Karate boy is just the cutest!!
Have a great weekend.
blessings
~a

Kellie said...

I'm so glad you had something fun to keep you mind off the house! I'll be praying for you!

You Can Call Me Jane said...

I don't know if you've heard yet or not, but I'm thinking of you. This can be an exciting and tough time all rolled into one!:-)

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...