Wednesday, February 24, 2010

For those who do not practice Lent( and of course those who do)

Our 'faith does not practice Lent'. (forgive me if said that wrong or even offensively), but several of my friends do, as a part of their faith. So blessed am I.
I read this beautiful entry today by Ann Voskamp at A Holy Experience, and thought it might be helpful to others if you, like me, have never been a part of a season like this. The post is beautiful. Part of the 'holiness 3C's - Commitment, Confidence, Conviction.' .... seriously convicting. Be blessed, and read it.

1 comment:

Annesta said...

Excellent post, Laura. I appreciate so much what you said. I have only recently begun to understand about Lent and am working through understanding. Ann's post was excellent today and reminded me of a fasting that I did when my daughter was in college. I will write a post about that in the next few days.
Blessings

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...