Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thankfully Walking With Him - Vital Joy


I realized I was only reading other's post & wasn't writing one. It wasn't as tho I didn't have anything to say, but I'm in that post-new-exercise-plan-burn. When you're debating quitting 'the workout'. (not the Gratitude Community.., the Plans....)


I want to keep up with the plans that I've set out upon. I want to get up early, go to bed on time, read the daily devotional upon which I've decided. I desire to effectively participate in classes of which I'm a part, peacefully parent our children in agreement with my spouse. Love my spouse. Devote time to meal planning to more effectively spend grocery money. Read more, play more, watch less. Be proactive. Doing all this, as it's what I'm supposed to be doing. I don't need to hear 'take it easy,' I need to hear 'don't quit', 'keep going', 'it only works, if you work it.'

The list could go on, but I want just one more thing. I think it's important. Vital. To have a spirit that wants to please God. An obedient spirit, a spirit that doesn't just go along, but desires to do what God has for me to do. Desires sincerely, with joy in my actions.

Joy knowing He did come to earth, the angels did sing, men did come to worship Him as a babe.

Joy in the work when it's successful, but even more-so, because it's when I need it, when I'm weak & my joy can only be found in Him. Joy because He doesn't see me as a failure, just a work in progress. But let me feel the joy, recover, & not re-invent the wheel. The plan wasn't a failure, just new, just needing consisitency, needing practice. Let the joy in my bucket, spill out, because it's so full. Lord, patch my bucket so what joy I have stays in. Joy.

In my diligence to seek Him, serve Him, let me not miss how He created me. To experience His joy, a sustaining joy that is not fleeting. Joy.
Thankfully Walking with Him- Other's are too. Visit A Holy Experience and read with those Walking With Him on Wednesday's & Counting One Thousand Gifts.

5 comments:

aimee said...

I'm in need of His joy today... thank you for this timely reminder.

Grace & Peace,
aimee

aimee said...

Dearest Laura,

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog...

I had no idea that you were also a parent through the miracle of adoption! What a blessing to be connected now through blogs!
It is amazing to see the different ways God calls each of us to adoption, and the different families He creates through it. I never would have imagined myself being intertwined in 3 "wide open" adoptions... but that is most definately His will for us. It has been such a blessing to see how He provides for each child, each birth parent, each family exactly what they need - How He has ordained since the beginning our families would look like this. How I love His workmanship.

I look forward to being encouraged through you more!

Many blessings,
aimee

gretchen said...

Laura,
Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is lovely to meet you!
Gretchen

Cherie said...

I love this...."Let the Joy in my bucket spill out......Patch my bucket so what joy I have stays in."!

Shannan Martin said...

So true, so true! Thanks for the encouragement/kick in the rear. ;) And, by the way, your comments are some of the funniest that I receive. I always enjoy them. :)

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...