Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve 2009

We've been away from the bayou during the holiday, enjoying some really good times in Georgia. Our family here has been extremely accomodating, as we have also worked on our previous residence, maintenance & updates alike. Along with our holiday festivities, I have peeled wallpaper till my fingers are numb & painted with Eric basement walls that needed to be painted from the day we purchased this house. I have made the endless home depot runs, purchased 2 new toilets as well as paint brushes.
We have done some wonderful reading around the fire, the unabridged version of 'A Christmas Carol'. We finaaaalllly, finished 'Dr. Doolittle', not that I'm complaining, but it did take all semester. But we've hummed through 'Carol', faster than lighting. Could it have something to do with NO CABLE TV???
I have a ton of pictures, but am away from the home computer. So, for now, I'll just wish you a New Year blessing, and a prayer for all things good and profitable.
May God be glorified in all things. He is worthy of our praise.

2 comments:

You Can Call Me Jane said...

Happy New Year, Laura:-).

Unknown said...

Sometimes, I pray that all the TV's in the house would go out at the same time! (I am the TV Police, so they don't get to watch often, but even as adults, we succumb to the news too many nights - I could do without it!).

Happy New Year to you and yours!!

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...