Friday, October 30, 2009

Easy Halloween Costume
















I'm not a Halloween enthusiast, by any stretch, but dressing up... I'm all over that. The boy's are into superheros, Jack was a knight at fall fest, and H was Batman (the pre-made version), but I dressed as the Hungry Caterpillar.(the easy costume I mentioned above)

I sewed straps on the shoulders & took the smily face ends (that come with the crawl tube toy) & sewed them together to make the head. Took about 5 minutes. Really. The boys wouldn't let me cut holes for arms so I had to make it a little shorter. But little kids enjoyed, and big people got a laugh. :) I'm sure if I'd spent a little more time, I could have come up with a better 'head'. Maybe you can come up with an easy idea for improvement! I'd love to hear it.


Tonights our Trick or Treat in neighborhood, so I'm deciding whether to stay at house or make the rounds, decisions, decisions. Either way, we'll light the pumpkins(that we carved & Henry promptly rolled off porch & cracked), and be prepared with candy!


Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

OH MY...I'm in LOVE with your very hungry caterpillar!! Absolutely ADORABLE!! You win for my favorite costume this year!! That's just awesome!!

Roan said...

I love the very hungry caterpillar! So cute!

kw said...

You are a pure genius! You just gave me our costumes for next year! My DD will be the butterfly and my DS the Hungry Caterpillar! LOVE IT!

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...