Friday, September 11, 2009

Ship Island












































Ship Island, 11 miles off the Biloxi coast, is worth the boat fare. It is a raw undeveloped location, which requires an hour boat ride & specifies limited cargo. We loved it. We swam in amazing waves, and savored the simplicity. It was so windy, I couldn't even get a decent smile out of Jack. He's pointing to the boat! Let's go!
It was stormy, overcast, but that meant great waves. There was a fantastic fort ruin, which the boy's all explored with great excitement! I even went up the tower, which is no small thing-- I'm terrified of heights/open spaces-- but I made it and enjoyed the view. I took limited photos tho, as I was crawling & hanging on. You get this if you are afraid of too.


















1 comment:

June said...

That looks like such a fun outing! Good for you...

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...