Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Curriculum - Cleaning House! (Homeschool)

I had my list as we went to the library today, and brought home some extras, as well. I removed all the stuff we weren't going to be using from my desk(where I am currently storing active school materials.) This doesn't include glue/paper/tape, just the really pricey stuff I ordered special! I cleared my bulletin board, relegated personal effects, & cleaned house!
We don't have a school room, just a family room, open to the kitchen, but now we have a new CD/cassette player, new DVD player set up, & ready for classical tunes, appropriate audio books & selected movies as appropriate.
I think I'm going to reorganize the school 'area' tho, as it doesn't provide enough active writing space, for white/black board. It's got all our memory work & some selected items in conjunction with our work, but takes up premium space. I'm also dealing with almost 3 yo H who is certain the pushpins are much more interesting on the floor than in the bulletin board.
I followed Olive Plants many organizational suggestions and almost broke something clicking over to the 'best piece of advice' for new homeschoolers. She reaaaaalllly has some wonderful advice for us organizationally impaired, over-achieving, over-planning moms. Said with a big sigh.
Pictures to follow (I know I'm not supposed to say that...)--- (but I did. )

1 comment:

homeschooldawn said...

Hi! Thanks for linking to my blog. I'm so glad my plan-it series was so helpful.
I was just looking through comments and saw what you wrote about planning for your Egypt study and not sure what to mummify. Here's a link to instructions on how to mummify an orange. We did it, and I liked how simple it was and not as gross as some of the other projects out there... like mummifying a chicken. I just don't have the stomach for that! Thought I would pass the idea on.
http://www.neferchichi.com/fruity.html

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...