Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Have to say, I just don't have the time to put into words my feelings on this day. This inauguration day, where history of great proportion has been made. I work hard not to speak negatively on my blog. It's just my choice. My vote was my choice too. And I didn't take that opportunity lightly. I usually cry while I'm voting(just too much emotion inside). I am proud to be voting. Jack went with me this year, and of course Henry. Jack was told to be quiet and respectful of people while we are there, and of course he immediately went in and said, 'My mom's voting for John McCain & Sarah Palin.'. Well, there goes the whole wall-flower feeling. I don't want to discuss the who's and the who didn'ts, but am so inspired today for the promise that has been conveyed if only in a first inaugural speech. I don't have false beliefs that he and his administration can solve it all. Who can unravel the problems our nation is facing. However, I was inspired. I felt compelled to 'do the next thing.' (see previous blog link).
I am truly excited to see a first family, who seem to love each other. And care about their country. I am not African-American, but if I was, I would be proud, to see this family, an apparently honorable family, with apparently noble intentions, take residence in the White House.
I can't word it any better than this blogger, in this particular blog, what this day means to so many. May God bless, President Obama, protect him family, and may God bless America.

No comments:

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...