Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Christmas music is already on! Oh my...

We watched the grinch the other night, but for some reason I hadn't heard the 'seasonal music' yet. I listen to xm radio usually. I drive a 'hooptie', but it has xm radio... something fell off the exaust pipe last week, and I'm waiting on a part for my repair man to install. But until then, I'm driving a car that sounds like a lawnmower. No complaint, we love not worrying about dents & scratches. And xm bluegrass always sounds great. We just don't hear the radio much. We have a few CD's in right now. A cajun CD, an excellent spiritual/acapella CD, & a kids music CD from Land of Nod. Some really great songs.
But the point of all that is... Roan has a great list of Christmas tips started. Check it out. she has her christmas card posted, with some of the most precious children I've ever seen. You've got to see it just to see them. She's also a homeschooler, so if you're looking for a good spot for info...
I was reminded in ladies Bible class today, that I was memorizing scripture. I won't even try to pretend like I've been able to work on the verse like I should this week. 2 kids and 1 spouse sick this past week. I didn't qualify since I didn't actually go to the doctor, but it was enough for my parents to take pity and drive down to step in for a while. Thank-you Lord for parents who keep on caring. We all enjoyed their visit, and miss them already.
Ladies class was amazing. Thank-you Katie for such a tremendously encouraging class. Study to show ourselves approved, and don't just read it... live it. Thanks Katie-

No comments:

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...