Thursday, October 30, 2008

Word of the Day

Literally, Meriam and Webster posts a word of the day and will send you an e-mail if you subscribe at this address. I've been recieving it for sometime. I may be reminded of a word, or learn the meaning of one that I've heard. Or better still learn a new one altogether. MW provides an example, and the explanation or origin of the word. It's really fascinating.
It has helped me exercise my brain in the face of 5 year old vocabulary. Exercising your brain is just like exercising your body. People who do crosswords have got it going on. Before you flick on the 'boob tube' next time, consider a book or a crossword puzzle. But definitely subscribe to word of the day.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...