Monday, October 6, 2008

Manners of the Heart.org

Well, I'm up and going, we've had breakfast, but I'm going to have to corral the boys soon and head off to the grocery.... But, before I do, I wanted to post a link to a couple of websites and Youtube videos. In the sidebar of my blog, I have a feed to Youtube for Jill Rigby, founder of Manners of the Heart and author of book of same name. She has also published 2 other books that are excellent resources on parenting in our current family climate. She is a parent of the Self-Esteem movement, and works dilligently sharing an effective anecdote to the woes it caused. I was priviledged to hear her speak at a recent parenting conference locally in Baton Rouge, where she and John Rosemond guided parents to some clarity for this generation. Their teachings are Biblically based and straight forward. Incidentally, she became a single parent, and has been a working parent for many years.
Please look into the websites for further information about how you can help your community, on a volunteer basis to share manners of the heart with school age children.
http://www.mannersoftheheart.org/

Note regarding You Tube. If you have never used YouTube, it is a tool for effectively sharing all kinds of information. Please carefully click on icons, as you may inadvertently view selections which you may not wish to view. Be careful using when children are around. Items of Shock value and inappropriate material might accidentally be viewed if you are not certain which video has been selected.
I highly recommend Jill's videos- she is a voice in a wilderness of parenting confusion.

No comments:

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...