Monday, December 3, 2012

December 2012

We're getting ready for the house renovation, but Christmas is coming before all that happens. So up goes the tree, out comes the decorations. I think we've finally figured out how to arrange the furniture. The slipcovers on the furniture seem to be perfect for this season.
I was even able to uncover some of the pillows and show their red original covers. Love. That.
I've unearthed all the snowmen that sing, reminded 20 times a day that I need to jump-start some of them with new batteries.
But each night we plan to read our Handel's 'Messiah' Advent reader, as well as follow with our Jessie Tree ornaments found at Ann Voskamps A Holy Experience.
Joy, even when the kids are jumping from sofa to ottoman to loveseat. I have a basketball hoop on the inside of the front door. Real life. Good, amazing, joyful life.


1 comment:

Shannan Martin said...

Real life = Best life.

I like your couch. And the GINGHAM!

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...