Thursday, May 17, 2012

Reading with Henry, we enjoyed 'Time of Wonder' Robert McCloskey. It was peaceful, pleasant, even educational. It's about calm before the storm, nature. Beauty in nature. McCloskey is an  exemplary author. We are about to enjoy 'Homer Price' one of his chapter books for older kids. I can't wait. I've never read it.

We are also enjoying a regular trip to Athens Memorial Park. The boys have been watching turtles, so we've been reading about turtles. A perfect book for our purposes is 'All about Turtles'. by Jim Arnosky. It has perfect simple pictures. Describing details and encouraging further investigation.

We are looking forward to a trip to Jekyl Island where there is a turtle sanctuary. We can't wait!

2 comments:

Annesta said...

It's so nice to "see" you here, sweet Laura! I can't believe school year is quickly coming to an end. Sounds like you and your boys are busy learning and living life together.
blessings
~a

Between You and Me said...

I'll have to check out those books with my kids!!!
We LOVE Memorial Park!!! Hope you're having a wonderful break from CC. :)

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...