Friday, February 24, 2012

Easter... has it really been a year?


How can time go so fast? Really. It seems just yesterday I was working out the details of Jack's end of the year performance, and the wedding where Henry was the ring bearer with Eden.. Then came along Easter. Will I be ready this year? Could I possibly ever be ready for anything again?
We watched the special about Steve Jobs last night, innovator/designer creator over at Apple. Had no idea how bright he was, and how life had dealt him a pretty surreal episode when he was ousted from Apple. Then returned to bring it back. In between, he funded and eventually in essence owned Pixar. Pixar. Shazam.
So today, take-away... as I make frozen pizza and work through teaching textbooks with Jack & Starfall.com with Henry, ready to head to TKD-- where will they go, what will they do?
Who really knows.
I saw this paradigm on the web/facebook yesterday. I'll try to link it.
Title is 'Schools kill creativity'. It was definitely food for thought. Shared by a homeschool mom of 5 with others. Interesting. Btw, I don't think the gist of this presentation is to proclaim homeschooling victorious. It made me wonder-- in general. Pretend you have 'no opinion' on the method. Give it a try. I found it very interesting.

1 comment:

Annesta said...

I like the way you bring up very thought provoking topics on your blog. I just spent three days at a training with schools who have missed NCLB Annual Yearly progress and have to make plans for turning their schools around. It's hard. So much is at stake and the greatest stake is the minds of our children.
Keep doing what you are doing.
Blessings,
~a

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...