Monday, January 16, 2012

Prayerfully. Thankfully. Joy.



Yesterday, I heard a radio announcer on a christian station talk about an intimate relationship with God. Jack was listening too. I don't usually talk about having an intimate relationship with God. I do try to have an intimate relationship with God. But that's just not a phrase I use. Everybody's jargon is different. But it makes me think of the many Thanksgiving holiday meals I've watched on tv through the years, where everyone goes around the table and gives thanks for what they are grateful but to know one in particular. (One movie 'Eat, Love, Pray' comes to mind vividly) Perhaps to a spouse, but not to the Giver of all things. (We have done this, it isn't always an ambiguous effort. But we stopped with accompanying candles after my nephew, Noah burnt his hand.)
So my thanks today... for gifts & blessings from God. I'll try to make the connection with God as I go through my day, as that is the point I believe. Not just to notice the 'goods', but to notice He who is Perfect & Good.
Health
Food
Warmth from cold temperatures.
Luxuries - cars that run, clothes we like, opportunities above our immediate needs.
Over-the-top opportunity & convenience. Sometimes the cards all line up.
Books, books, books. To think of a day when books were not readily available.
Gumption. Inner strength. That 'little voice', quiet voice, followed by gumption.
Recipes that actually fly.
Personal strength to make your kids eat it. Because you're trying to keep a budget.
January. Month of new things. That matter.
I post with others over at One Thousand Gifts with Ann Voskamp at A Holy Experience.
I am blessed knowing all over the world many are determined to seek and acknowledge God's gifts. The Joy challenge is next. Yes. Joy.

2 comments:

Annesta said...

So much for which to be grateful. You inspire me.
Thank you, friend.
Blessings
~a

Felicity said...

Isn't gratitude a wonderful thing? Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog - I have enjoyed visiting yours. Love that Bassett family!

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...