Friday, December 9, 2011

December. Joy.

I'm missing my boys about now. They are away, while we take a belated anniversary get-away. We are going to the Biltmore in Ashville, NC while they boys enjoy some 'cousin time.' I am still missing them. Homeschool life is a very intense exsistence. When they are not here, there is silence. But it's not a peaceful silence, it's a mysterious silence. It's almost like the drywall relaxes. As tho it's fear of destruction has subsided momentarily. But it will tense up soon enough. The steps will grab hold of the pounding and bounce back a cheery exuberant symphony of boy's life.
Meanwhile.... we catch up on conversations we can't savor without the ever-present listening ears. I think I actually concentrated today. For more than 5 minutes. Consecutively.
Thanks be to Ann at Holy Experience for her years of sharing the Jesse Tree. I have finally found the book and the ornaments in the same month. I usually find the book about ... June.
Of course this is our first year in this house. Joy. December. Emmanuel. Lord be with us.

1 comment:

Annesta said...

Hello dear friend! How wonderful to see you here. The new look of your blog is lovely.
Happy anniversary!
My mom and I went to see the Biltmore two years ago. It was a lovely trip. I'll bet it's just spectacular at this season.
Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family!
Blessings
~a

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...