Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Reading Curriculum


Phonics Pathways has been our tool for reading this year. My friend Leslie, had used it carefully, and was very pleased. Our 1 day school had used it as a guide and frame for activities in class & assignments. I have just never warmed to it.

Last night I got 'The Ordinary Parents Guide to Reading' out and it was like a reunion with a long lost friend. I looked through it and found it to be just what I've been missing. It seems so much more comprehensive. But to stay on task with a group/school program, you don't add to the work, especially with a 1st grader. You just do 1 program and supplement and be creative as you go. But the 'school' year is ending and I'm seeing the light shining big & bright on 'Ordinary Parents guide'. I can't wait!

4 comments:

Annesta said...

I was just wondering this morning how things are with your family...so glad to hear from you. Can you believe that the school year is almost over?
So glad that you have found something that will help you with your reading curriculum.
Blessings
~a

You Can Call Me Jane said...

I used OPG with Sam and LOVED it. Now, Sadie and I are working though it. The lessons are brief, build on each other and there are no other books to mess with. You're going to love it!!

Unknown said...

I'm way off topic here, but wanted to drop a note - so glad to hear you got your chickens! Things are moving along! Enjoy your new fowl friends!

Dawn Chandler said...

You know I love OPG ... not sure how I missed this post!! Anyway, I agree with Amy - we need a chicken post!!

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...