Monday, February 21, 2011

An Apology for Latin or Math

I've been juggling the math question and stumbled upon this article. Latin seems so mandatory to me, but I have long been a believer in delayed math. But common practice & marital bliss have required a start in the subject. But the article above (linked first) shed a little light about math being a 'subject' not a grammar subject, much like Latin.
I'm working on a start in Classical Conversations which will provide the memorization facts, but give freedom of planning in our educational plan.
Another related article about Latin I found very interesting can be found here.
We'll be incorporating Latin for sure, and math in a slower pace, 'grammar' of the subject way as time unfolds.

No comments:

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...