Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Birthday's, Spaghetti & a Kitchen Pic































So August brings us 2 birthday's, Henry is now 4 & Jack is now 7. It is an unforgettable month for us. It's a longer celebration than my mother's day & birthday weekend marathon.
We are slowly working our way into being at home here in our rental house. I keep reading over at 'The Nester' how you have to make your home, even if it's a temporary rental, your own home.

You really have to check out her ideas. She's so creative and endless on positive attitude. And her decor... well, just check it out.

And while we're on the subject, I'm sure you're noticing my 'teal' laminate counter-top. and lots of it. This is the kitchen that goes on for miles. I literally get a work-out in here. Way too many stops beyond the classic 'work tri-angle'. The floors are tile that was made for homeruns. I slip and slide on the slightest drop of water. But the color really doesn't bother me. Actually its a relief from all the white walls. In person, this kitchen is pleasant. With all my chatchki's and pitchers(girls, I never got rid of those when you unpacked me at Kensington.)
But color takes on a whole 'nuther meaning when you visit the beautiful blog,
If you've EVER rehabbed, you must go look at this rehab. This one is really award winning. I'm SO not kidding. I looked at EVERY room & post. Really, really great job & excellent perspective on our earthly homes.
Folks, this world really isn't our home. Even if it's as well rehabbed & decorated as
Spaghetti sauce recipe is one for another post, but it will follow. I'll be transcribing from a full sheet from B'lou. Seriously good spaghetti.

1 comment:

Annesta said...

You speak truth, Laura! This is not our home we are just passing through. I keep that in mind when I get the envy bug for what others have that I don't that I perceive to be better than what I have.
May have to try your spaghetti recipe. Yummy!

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...