Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Until the garden has produce...


If you aren't familiar with Publix, picture your favorite grocery store, clean aisles, great selection, delicious produce... mmm.

I was a Kroger fan until I didn't have publix. I had a Green Wal-Mart(the in-fill stores that took over defunct locations of Harris Teeter and the like). And it was new, small, quiet, clean, cheap prices. I cheered as it was .8 miles from my drive to the parking lot. But it wasn't Publix.

So today I bought B1G1 & Coupon items and saved a bundle. I also used the 5/20 coupon that came in our address change kit free from the post office. Yes, I saved a bundle. $30 off 119.
But one must consider the gas it will take me to get there. We are in the boonies. 14 miles door to door. Only 8 miles to the super Wal-mart, door to door, but I think my bargain shopping plus quality made it worth while. I will be doing some calculations and carefully purchasing items to make it worth the trip.
Get out your calculators, ladies.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's even further for me to the grocery store, so I absolutely must combine trips and have several reasons to make a trip to town. It's worth the gasoline to live where I do, although we are considering moving closer if the house sells.

Great job on your frugal grocery store trip!

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

closest is 8 hours and 26 min away..according to mapquest. bummer!

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

love love LOVE Publix!!

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...