Thursday, May 13, 2010

Books for and about Boys


I must thank Mt.Hope Chronicles for this link. Hope is brilliant on her own blog, but this link is a excellent source for books for boys to encourage honor & character. Go here and read within the list to read the quote from Little Britches by Ralph Moody. Profound, for man, woman & child alike.


I also am working on a catechism of sorts to include some of our faith based life facts that I want at the ready in their minds. Catechism is, to me, a didactic way to recite facts memorized. Catechism used in a healthy balanced way with understanding & knowledge are an excellent way to also teach communication. Responses to a question are answered in full complete sentence/s.
mentioned by
is from the Baptist faith, and includes many simple components I think will be a part of our catechism.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I am always looking for guidance in raising my 3 boys--can't wait to get this book.

I found you from Dawn's blog at Raising Olives, in her blogfrog widget. You have a beautiful blog!

Looking forward to looking around...
Kathleen

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...