Monday, March 22, 2010

Who is Really in Control - Life Meds Dose #20





This seems to be a tough morning for many, myself included. I could barely look at the headlines of the paper. Yet no physical natural disaster took place. Haiti had no new tremors, a new hurricane had not devastated an untouched coast. But I could barely look.
Maybe you felt this way too. And for a moment, well off & on, I looked for my 'paper bag', breathed deeply...
I'm sure I will again. Sorry folks, I still get worked up over politics sometimes.
But mostlyI thought of this. The real medicine I needed.

When Daniel, a captive in a foreign country, who was placed in a position of authority, was called to deliver an indictment to one of the most powerful kings in history,
he spoke this prayer.

It can be found in Daniel 2.

'20 Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, for wisdom and might are His. He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding. He reveals deep and secret things; he knows what is in the darkeness, and light dwells with Him. I thank You and praise You, O God of my fathers; You have given me wisdom and might, And have now made known to me what we asked of You.'

Daniel is known for his prayer life. Daniel's trust is
demonstrated by his lifestyle. He hasn't lost sight of who is really in control of what will happen in the future.

There is nothing God cannot use for His purposes. 86

He is worthy of praise because of who He is. I AM. 87

He knows all things, deep & secret, whether in the light or the dark. 88


He sees those who are in need and holds them in His mighty hand as he knows how to care. 89


I'm thankful for all of those things, as well as the mundane, but wonderful,
simple things.


I'm thankful for my beautiful hydrangeas that are blooming. 90

Friends who care and let me know. 91

The urgent care right down the street, who helped resolve our stomach bug. 92

Grape soda & Ramen noodles. 93

Story books like 'Rock-a-bye Farm' & 94

Chapter books like 'Rascal' 95

And His Book, that tells me the story of His Love. 96



Join me alone with many others at the Gratitude Community who are counting & focusing on the one true Giver.

2 comments:

Annesta said...

Laura,
Thank you for the timely reminder that He IS in control in ALL times! I love the book of Daniel and this particular prayer is so meaningful. It's a great reminder that we must be faithful to Him and continue to pray. We must continue to be a light in a very dark world. We must continue to be the eyes, ears, hands and feet of Jesus.
I love hydrangeas. They don't grow so well here. I can buy them at the florist but they are expensive.
It's good to read your list. It's good to see an example of a godly woman who can express her views but can also point to the One who is the answer.
blessing to you!
~a

Unknown said...

I confess that I went to bed last night feeling a bit depressed... I watched the news in the late afternoon through the evening as the vote was taken... my heart was heavy. Such foolishness.

Your post is a good reminder today. Thank you! I had to remind my teenage daughter (and myself) that God is still on His throne! (I did the Beth Moore Daniel Study last year - her best by far if you ask me).

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...