Thursday, February 4, 2010

7 Habits of Highly Effective Families


I am truly enjoying this book, as well as the book discussion over at Simple Mom.net. It's not too late to jump in to the Book Club!

I have found the book to be very helpful already. It's just a tool to help you peel back some layers of the onion. If you find yourself in the same family dilemma's over and over and wish you had a few new tools in your family tool box, this may be the book for you.

The icon in the right sidebar will take you to the right site- just follow the links- there's some really nice folks contributing some really helpful comments.

A few highlights-

First habit -#1 Be Proactive! as opposed to reactive. Within the pages of this almost 40 page chapter, are some wonderful tools to help see ourselves as we're really participating in our own families. There is also a discussion of what really makes each family member thrive. There are also some very thought provoking points about unconditional love, and how it releases others to take accountability for their own actions.
Truthfully, I think its going to be a little more revolutionary than 'just a few more tools'... I think I see a change of perspective on the horizong for this gal.

2 comments:

You Can Call Me Jane said...

I'd love to hear more...keep it coming. It sounds like a very interesting book, but I don't have the time now to read it. Would you be my Cliffsnotes?:-).

Unknown said...

Keep us posted. I'm always interested in good reads!

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...