Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Catch me if You Can... BATMAN

I sometimes wish I could sit & make girly costumes & have a child that wishes to be a princess, but to be making one just now...I'm grateful for pre-made just now. I like the recent themes of Halloween, 'merry not scary.' I realize there are many who do not embrace the Halloween activities, & I applaud you. Really. But marriage & family is made of compromise. And this is one of ours. My husband is a nut. He has been known to dress as a scarecrow & sit idly on the porch until kids that really are too old to be trick-or-treating come by and will scare the be-jeebers out of them. He teases me about my lame pretty decorations & wishes for the elaborate spider-web covered houses, and that I wouldn't dress as Dorothy but as the Wicked Witch of the West. I just won't do that to my kids... But we are getting quite a few miles, literally, out of our costumes this year. H is sure that these wings should have 'wukked'. He said ' I can't fwy.' Where was he testing this???? on the roof??? Still haven't decided if I'll dress for the occasion. I know it won't be the same as last year, nor will I find anything as benign & happy as Dorothy, but I won't be scary. I'm more the merry type. Excuse me, I must go catch Batman.

1 comment:

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

I love the batman picture and his hope that he could really "fwy" - ADORABLE!!

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...