Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Elizabeth Mitchell - Kids and Music

I love music. Can I just say? And kids repeat the sounds they hear, all the sounds they hear. Something to think about when I'm cruising down the street, or lounging about the house eating chocolate....(whoops, daydreaming at 8:30 a.m.... ) Anyway, 2 things you need to check out.
One is a musician that appears on Land of Nod Music CD's, Elizabeth Mitchell, of course has her own recordings. If you have kids, you must check out her gentle tunes. Not just gentle, but kick'in gentle. I don't know how else to say, check it out. Its the kind of music you hope your kids grow up singing, unless they're singing outright praise songs.
Another interesting option to explore music is Pandora on-line. It's a great way to experiment and find music you didn't even know you liked. This station is one of a million, I'm sure, with Elizabeth Mitchell and other artists that may have similar sounds or themes to her style of music. The first song I pulled up was one of our favorites from her You Are My Little Bird CD. This particular station may be a little on the folksy side, but it's the free way to hear her tunes to see what I'm talking about. Did you notice it's made in conjunction with Smithsonian Folkways? Good stuff.

1 comment:

June said...

Oh, we love Elizabeth Mitchell too! She is good stuff!

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...