Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Raised by Geriatrics-- visit Smockity Frocks


Smockity Frocks posted something I can related to ...oh so well. When you have kids a little later on in life ( I was 36 when Jack was born), you somehow have a different view of life, and are often sooo out of it when you are in a room with playgroupers or friends with kids your kids age. One friend who became pregnant at 40 said, "there's something wrong when your putting diapers and clearasil in the same grocery cart." I know Mrs. Duggar (18 & counting) wouldn't agree, but she's not your average mom. I'm your average mom, and sometimes the diapers and the book on 'facing menopause' sort of makes me wonder about my cart. I admit it, sometimes the image of who I'm supposed to be (per the world's view), or what I thought 'it' would be, gets in the way of who I should be. There I said it. I think it has something to do with not getting what you want/expected, but wanting what you have(or are).
I have started exercising more lately(for the health in it). Yes, I even got the P90X set. When you feel like a turtle on its back when you wake up, its time to something. I may not be up on the latest pilates, but I want to be able to show up to that playgroup, to find out what I'm missing. I love it (P90X), and seem to have more opportunity to actually do it since the boys are a little older, (needing less immediate attention, and more experience in delayed gratification). But I'm still in agreement with miss Smockity... running is for when someone is chasing you. Maybe one day, Roan, I'll be able to sing running's praises.

Hope you're having a super day- no matter how old you are, and no matter how old your kids make you feel.

2 comments:

Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

I'm with you on the running thing...!

Smockity Frocks said...

Thanks for linking!

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...