Saturday, October 25, 2008

Joy, Autumn & Prioritizing






Ok, our fall fest was last night, & I must say... we had a ball. How fun to see little kids dressed in 'merry-not scary' costumes. Eric always says... I 'don't like Halloween'... & I'm not crazy about the gross ghoulish aspects. I like the friendly pumpkins and could easily be completely steered away from all aspects of the H part of it into a Autumn Celebration. So there. Anyway, we dressed up, as did our children. Brenda G made a costume for Jack and it was precious. Anthony brought home patches, the real ones, and she knew just what to do to make it look so real! How precious, she's always sharing & thinking of others. Henry was Charlie Brown, and Mom & Dad... well, we were Dorothy & Superman. My sparkle shoes were too small so I went with red crocs & Eric, well, he looks just like him don't cha think! Jack didn't understand what a phone booth was,, and in the walmart looking for the S-t-shirt for Eric, he kept saying 'mom, your getting side-tracked again, ... what is a phone boof?" th's are f's at this point in his pronunciation. Ha! He didnt' know what a phone booth was, and he hasn't seen a land line in a long time.


Yes, we actually went to Walmart in costume. It was a hoot! We picked up our subs and headed that a way. It was a ball. Katie & Danny really outdid themselves in the planning. Fantastic! so many people helped out! What fun!



There's a hum about organizing going around... just read Roan's blog on Joyful Always about parenting, and Joanna Heim's on The Simple Wife about organizing & scheduling. Both godly women and worth a read. I noticed Roan's because of the title of her blog. Our lesson this week from Beth Moore's study book, Living Beyond Ourselves, A Study of the Fruit of the Spirit, was on Joy. Oh how amazing is the work God has done for us. What a wonderful encouragement to think about and consider the bedrock of joy, the gift of Jesus for us, and the hope of reconciliation through Him. I highly recommend her book for a leading into daily study! I've got to get busy on the next chapter, Peace. Check it out.


Got to run! The big H is up and bringing down the house! 'Juice Mom!' 'Juice Mom!' He's wearing my vera bradley headband... it's pink.

No comments:

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...