Thursday, August 2, 2012

Education - Formal & Informal

Finding my voice in this should be easy. I remember reading a fellow bloggers post one time, where she confidentally discussed the big change from homeschool to their choice to enroll their kids in an outside home option. It feels to me like changing skin. In some ways. In some ways not. What does feel right is the need to push through to see the half-full facts. I'm confident, but I'm exausted & nothing feels completely confident when you're exausted. When nay-sayers come from either side, I want to scream, 'don't you think that went through my head a million times?' And even the proponents comments can lead me to think 'but I didn't want that!' It leaves me feeling sorry for snakes who must molt.
Half-full.
Every parent who is actually parenting, is considering what is best for their children. And that's what we've done. So the kids will be attending the local public school. I'm confident in the choice. If you have walked through our last two years closely, you know we've struggled. Moving is a struggle. Change is a struggle. But we know this is the best for us. Right now.
So instead of 'deleting' the previous post about my school room, I plan to leave it. It shows how quickly life can change. How specific and sometimes drastic life can change.






Half-full. Eyes up. Looking ahead. Embracing with everything I've got the opportunity & options available to me in my charmed, blessed existence.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I understand how quickly life can change too. I had already bought all the books for my oldest's 6th grade year and then over the summer God arranged all these events to show us that Christian school was the best option for her. It wasn't even in the far reaches of my brain for that year. But that's why it's important to trust Him in the little things, because when He unexpectedly opens a different door we are more willing to follow Him. May He bless you in your new endeavors.

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...