Monday, August 13, 2012

Book Club

I'm going to give this a try. I've been wanting to better understand classical stories, about Odysseus & ancient Greek Mythology. Edie's first suggested read is The Odyssey by Homer. I have the suggested version already, so I'm set.
Along with all of the pinterest organization ideas, I'll be trying to create more ways to be accountable to the homework of classical after-schooling. Yes, we are continuing our reading, encouraged by the reading logs sent home, whether by minutes for a 3rd grader or by books for a kindergartener.
We are also using Our Spiritual Heritage to continue the grammar of the Bible. Yesterday we practiced the list of the Judges with a wonderful song. I'll try to provide a recording/lyrics and a tune.  It's perfect with a memory cue for the judges cycle of disobedience.
I love the classical method, and I'm not leaving it behind.
If you want to join with Edie at LifeinGrace, follow this link to learn more about the book club. I'm in.

No comments:

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...