Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Our Spiritual Heritage Bible Curriculum

Some time ago, I worshipped with a church who utilized this program. The developers at JSC came and walked us through it, provided video for those who couldn't attend, and helped us understand exactly how life changing this could be for our church.
I am often reminded how our children need a solid foundation of Bible knowledge. And this curriculum provides it.
JSC is a small operation, but they are skilled and deeply devoted to the teaching of the Bible. If you have any desire to know your Bible, and have a better understanding of what happened when, and later why that is significant in the story of our spiritual heritage, then this is the curriculum for you. It is reasonably priced and has many areas of study for children.
I usually combine the outline/chronology cards with pictures for matching games & I got out my faithful children's coloring book to make the gazillion copies I use. I also did the unthinkable and cut up (yes for the 3rd time now) the pages from this Bible story book to create my own accessories for this fine material. The packages comes with all the necessaries, but I'm always looking for a way to help the non-reader get the story.
My favorite idea is to reduce the color pages, & make velcro on pictures to tell the facts on the chronology cards. We also use these as a concentration game. I'm working on getting my Mini-Patriarch cards up to dates for the months of September & October. We will be working through Advent in late November & December, so I want to have a smooth segway for that when the time comes.




1 comment:

Annesta said...

I have a couple of comments here, Laura. First of all, I think you should write curriculum. Your ideas are really helpful for teaching concepts. Second, I like that you spend precious time teaching your children God's word. Many folks just leave that up to the church.
I know I have said this many times, but I will say it again...your children are so blessed!
blessings
~a

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...