Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Best Bargain Buy & a Book about Boys


Say that 3 times fast.

I found a copy of Bennetts' combined Books, the Virtues, Heroes, & Americans for $3 at a thrift store. I'd been eyeing it on-line. Yippee. Good stuff in those books. We own 'virtue' but wanted the other 2.

I also have recently acquired, Raising Real Men. Good read. First chapter is on real heroes. Bennett's chapters about Heroes are excellent. A real compliment to the ideas expressed in this first chapter of 'RRM'.

Tv's unplugged. Life is good.

3 comments:

Roan said...

Your comment saying,"When does this woman parent if she is always reading?" cracked me up!
I am glad that you are liking Education the Whole Hearted Child. I see it has a new cover.
I didn't know that Anita had never read it! (Anita is a long-time, real life friend of mine).

Keep reading! :)

Kerrie said...

My parents used to read Bennett's Book of Virtues to us ... wonderful book of which I have very fond memories! (and what a great price! Love finds like that!)

Unknown said...

No TV? I'm seriously contemplating shutting off our satellite service - at least for the summer. (Apparently they let you take a 'vacation'.) Now if I could just figure out how to do the same with the computer so my girls won't constantly feel the tug to be on there (never mind that mom blogs!). Seriously, after reading Last Child In the Woods, it just confirmed to me what my heart had been saying all along... children need to be outside exploring and playing and using their imagination. Enjoy these days as long as you can - they're priceless!!

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...