Friday, April 23, 2010

Lifetime Meds #23 - April
















123 Bomb Pops from the ice cream man.
124 The Ice Cream Man
125 Neighborhood where I can send him to the coner to wait for Ice Cream Man.
126 Change to spare to send with kiddo for the ice cream
127 The grattitude in his voice when he says thanks.
128 That yummy flavor in the middle.

















129 The Bluebonnet Swamp, we saw no less than 4 snakes in the wild,
numerous wild animals & cypress trees abundant.















130 Little boys to stuff candy eggs.















131 Friends with whom to share candy eggs.
















132 Simple treasures.
133 Big Smiles.








I'm counting today because it points the way to the bounty in my life. If I were to focus on the complications, I would miss the goodness that is around me. This Easter was the mark on the Christian calendar of the Resurrection of Christ, and also the first Sunday Henry had felt like himself in about 2 weeks.
April was a blur, but with thanksgiving we've completed so much in regard to our upcoming move. I have a couple of more pictures to share from our recent trip to the river. So in the midst of seeming chaos, I'll probabaly post one more time, from Louisiana, and then hope for internet connection at our new house in the woods.
Counting along with many others over at A Holy Experience with Ann Voskamp.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, this brought back memories of the ice cream truck in the hot TX summers! I loved that! And I must tell you that I LOVE that box of treasures! How sweet to have an old jewelry box house such things. I hate clutter and so I have often been too unappreciative of my daughters treasures. I'm going hunting for old jewelry boxes so they can each have one!

Be blessed, friend!

Annesta said...

Laura,
What lovely pictures!
I am sending up prayers for you and your family as you prepare to move.
blessings
~a

Annesta said...

Laura,
Thank you so much for stopping by today. Thank you for your comments. Are you all relocating to another state or city or just down the street?
I pray that your move is smooth and that you all adjust to the changes well. Since I haven't really moved much as an adult, I can only imagine how difficult it can be.
I look forward to hearing all about your adventures and what God is doing in your lives. I am sure He is up to something really good!
grace to you
~a

Aisling said...

If I wasn't watching what i eat i might take advantage next time the ice cream man comes by. Who cares if there are no little children here to enjoy it whth me. . .

Alida Sharp said...

I love waiting for the Ice Cream Man!!

Peace, Alida

Kerrie said...

Wonderful list! I love the pictures of your kiddos, too! Blessings on your week.

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...