Saturday, February 13, 2010

I'm falling in love with the setting for 'The Children of The Green Knowe'



This is for my quilter friends. And my Mom. I think this quilt is one of the most charming, deliberately beautiful quilts I've ever seen. The colors are spectacular. It is one of the pieced items made by the author of the books The Children of the Green Knowe, Lucy Boston, that is still in the home where the books were written and is apparently, the setting for the books.


Still have yet to actually listen to or read the book, as I mentioned in my last post. But I think at least my Mom will appreciate this beautiful historically significant home in England.(go to this link to see a brief and extremely enticing & informative visual highlight tour).
When are we going, Mom?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, my! That quilt takes my breath away. Having done some quilting myself, I can truly say that this is not beginners quilt, but rather the work of a skilled artist who loves her craft!

Makes me want to read the book even more!!

Annesta said...

My grandmother made beautiful quilts just like the one in your picture. Recently my mom told me that she remembers her grandmother also making quilts when she was a little girl. Of course, they were all made completely by hand. I have to agree with Amy, they are works of art...for sure! We treasure the ones that we have.
I would so love to visit the house! In days gone by it might have been something my mom and I could have done but not any more. She can not longer travel long distances or walk very far. If you want to make the trip with your mom...plan it and do it!

Unknown said...

Well, I just made our reservations Let's pack our bags....love, mom

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...