Monday, June 8, 2009

HOLES in my Shiny Veneer: Recipe for Preserving Children

HOLES in my Shiny Veneer: Recipe for Preserving Children

Found this post at Holes in my Shiny Veneer, when looking at the Book Read on The Simple Life's Book Read. The book read is Last Child in the Woods. My daddo has my copy right now, but I'll be retrieving soon. Really good inspiration for the summer, for living. It talks about the theory of nature-deficeit. Not a clinical term, not even close, but if you have kids, this has probably crossed your mind.
They also mention another excellent read I promised last year about this time to talk about: Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, by Barbara Kingsolver. I can't explain how hard I laughed, thought, and planned after reading this book. Makes you think twice about what you eat, where it came from and that scary turkey back at Audubon Historical Site.

No comments:

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...