Saturday, June 6, 2009

Chicken Spaghetti and Bargains




I ate this at our last pot-luck, and remembered how YUMMMY it was. Mandi told me the recipe, but I of course forgot, but pulled this one up.


So dinner, after a day of thrifting at the the thrift store. Jack got a hand game for .48 & H got a antique fisher price gas station garage for .79. I got a wicker handbag w/adorable embroidery 30% off 2.48, and a dress for my friend Leslie,(splurge at 6.88). She doesn't mind a thrifty dress, and neither do I. Jack also scored a pair of plaid Children's place shorts for 3.88. Those were not the bargain of the day, but they were sooo cute I couldn't resist. BTW, I'm no where nearly as thrifty as these ladies, including MoneysavingMom, so be sure to check out her site for some seriously thrifty inspiration. I clicked over to her friend Laura's site, and met some new friends there. Check it out. :)
(MSM can manage to feed a family well with a budget of $40/week..... really, check it out)


I also got a hub-cap for my station wagon. It's been looking a little mistreated as of late. The cap is mis-matched but was cheap until we decide on a matched set. My car is a 1998, and it's beginning to be, well, old. It's worn, but is still wearing. I'm sure you can relate. In this economy, my mechanic is thriving. We just fixed the lawnmower sound with a repair at the mechanics & Eric bought the Haynes manual so we could fix some other annoying things... like the right side blowing heat when it's on cool, and the "shot-gun" door handle that wouldn't let you open from the inside.


Those 2 are fixed. We have one part on order to finish the job. We only have one door lock that doesn't open with the clicker & she's back in business. I call her the 'Road Warrior". Perhaps I picture Mel Gibson when I say that, but she really is. It's a Volvo, and they are safe & ride like tanks. I love her..... We talked about a new one, but just can't get ramped up for something new. Afterall, I'd probably have shot Millie on site, as she put what looks like bear scratchings across my hood just yesterday, trying to retrieve her frisbee. Can you imagine my reaction if the car had been new(to me)???

So Gymnastics camp is over for the week. We made our first visit to see "Mike" for the summer. I'm sure we'll go again. Jack loved the gymnastics & has been showing us starjumps & tumbles like we can't believe. He's been 'instructing' Henry. Henry is not quite old enough for the official program so Jack will be the instructor, for now.

Back to the spaghetti for me-- yum!

1 comment:

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

oh so glad to hear I'm not the only one with a road warrior!! Mine is a 1996. The driver's seat doesn't move...and other oddities, but I truly love my car. I think it keeps me grounded!! When I walk out and see it in a parking lot it makes me smile at how simple my life is and I like that!!

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...