Sunday, December 26, 2010

December 26








Traditions. Moments. Christmas.
New traditions, moments you know you've passed a landmark. No highchairs, actually documenting the cookies that Nana made. Remembering a special book, and reading it with the boys. Actually realizing the book is Ukranian, Eric's ethnic heritage. Letting it go, when the plan to do all the Jesse Tree, just right, doesn't go as planned. But knowing Christ is in their hearts, and will only more fully develop His place through the years. Blessed.


2 comments:

Annesta said...

Laura,
What a beautiful and heart felt post. I especially like that you are at peace with life and how you are living it and how it doesn't have to be perfect. As mom's we spend time making plans and dreaming and wanting to orchestrate a treasure of memories and sometimes things just don't work out the way we envision in our head and hearts. I encourage you as you continue to plant those seeds in the fallow ground of your families hearts and nurture the seedlings that sprout and bloom.
You sons are so very blessed!
hugs,
~a

Anonymous said...

Loved this post. For the same reason as the previous commenter....this year my theme was to enjoy every moment, and not stress and get to busy to enjoy. The decor never managed to get all up, other things we'd planned on doing, never went to full fruition. And that was okay. I think I enjoyed this Christmas more than many many others because I just didn't kick myself when something didn't happen!! memories were still made, happy ones. Looks like lots of those were made at your home too!! LOVE IT!!

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...