Sunday, March 28, 2010

This world is not my home- Life- Meds # 21


'this world is not my home, I"m just a passin' through,
my treasure is laid up, somewhere beyond the blue,
I know he'll take me through tho, and I am weak& worn, cause I can't feel at home, in this world anymore.
Oh Lord, you know, I have no friend like You.
My treasure is laid up, somewhere beyond the blue,
the angels beckon me, and I am weak & worn,
and I can't feel at home in this world anymore.'


Sounds drastic... but somedays that's where we find ourselves I find myself.
#96 I'm sure where I'm going, I'm confident. I want to be there, I don't want to miss it.
Not just the destination, but the comfort I need when I'm overwhelmed, lonely, exasperated, exausted & unsure. Lord help me to not only look toward 'those pearly gates' but to look to

#97 You, Abba Father, for the rest that is true rest, not just my mediocre band-aids here in this fallen world.

#98Salvation isn't just in the next life, but it's here. He overcame death, the deed is done. I can claim it. Victorious with Him am I. My hope is built on 'nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness.'

#99So I'm thankful for ER's that provide peace and assistance when you just don't know what's wrong with your baby. H has had a gastro virus for 11 days as of today. He's ok, but it's made me think about those who don't take health for granted. Mom's at St. Judes in Memphis.
Mom's who don't bring their babies home and watch them play the next day.
Mom's who don't have any medical care, and often watch their babies suffer.

#100 I'm thankful for those around me that will just help and 'cover' for me when I'm in need.

#101 My hard-workin husband. There really is an 'S' on his chest.

#102 The grocery around the corner.

#103 Precious friends who bring you diapers & yogurt. and hug you.

#104 Opportunity. It's a blessing I don't want to ever overlook.


Thankyou God for these many, many blessings.


#105 Simple Mom's post 'Has this world been so kind?' by Tsh Oxenreider. I am blessed by this site. It is a good work. It's always worth a read, because it makes you want to 'get up off your bum and get busy'.


Be encouraged to count blessings in your life, by counting with others at the Gratitude Community. The world is a better place when people are looking for the good instead of the bad. It's like medication for the soul. Life meds #21.


6 comments:

Annesta said...

Laura,
It sounds like you have had a tough week. I am encouraged and blessed by your gratitude list knowing that in the midst of difficulties, you can find peace and comfort.
I am inspired.
Blessings
~a

Annesta said...

Laura,
You are correct, Monday's are so much better because we stop and count out the gifts that are so graciously given us. It's humbling!
I imagine you have a very busy day. Praying for you and your children as you teach them all that God has for them to learn today.

Angela said...

You and I are thankful for a lot of the same things.

Aisling said...

You reminded me to stop and pray for a baby who was found to have a tumour this morning. Grandchild of one of my heroes in Christian kids work over here.

Jenny said...

Joining you in thanksgiving for the hands and feet of Chist brought forth in friendship. You are very blessed in your friendships it sounds like.

Kerrie said...

lovely list...I was encouraged today.

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...