Thursday, January 21, 2010

Books 2010


In no particular order, but because January is almost over.....



Diligently Seeking God: Daily Motivations to Take God More Seriously by Gary Henry


C. S. Lewis - 3 choices

The Abolition of Man

Till We Have Faces

Christian Reflections
(Read Surprised by Joy last year.)

Alexander McCall Smith - The Isabel Dalhousie Series
(author of The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency Series- I've read all but 2 of these)

Andrew Jukes - The Names of God

Wallace Stegner - Angle of Repose

Dorie McCullough Lawson - Posterity, Letters of Great Americans to Their Children

Steven R. Covey - The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families (Simple Bookclub)

Marilynne Robinson - Gilead

I have a few additions, and will add soon enough.
The bookclubs are something I plan to follow and try to keep up with.
I also plan to read through the Bible. And the plan seems do-able.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You did it! Good for you! Impressive list... you'll be using some brain cells! Are you planning to read all three of the C.S. Lewis, or just one of the three?

Laura at By the Bushel said...

All 3 but the Abolition of Man looks the toughest. Christian Reflections reads very easily. Till we have faces... challenge, I can get lost easily in myths & allegory's- I really need 'cliff's notes' on that kind of thing. Yes, the brain cells will be churning!

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...