Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Home School Day 2


Easing into this seems to be the best thing to do. Really. Folks who have been doing this for a while, say get a rhythm. The rhythm around here is usually kept by little boys bouncing off the walls(notice the broken lamp on the left), so we are working on setting a new rhythm that includes lots of physical activity, while training little minds for great things.
I find this "Weird Unsocialized Homeschooler" (said with a smile) to be highly helpful in her methods & her extensive writing for other on-line publications(not sure whether it is a actual paper version or not..), proves others think so too. This particular entry is written in conjunction with 'Works for Me Wednesday', from We are THAT Family. I have also added a new button from Debbie Young where I found some printables for writing.
We're ready for the day, should I wake the boys or let them sleep?
It's that schedule question that gets me everytime! EEEK!

1 comment:

June said...

Oh, the dilemmas of a homeschooling mama! In our early days, I agonized over the schedule. But then the schedule evolved from the kids themselves. Now, they read until midnight or so, sleep late, then fly full-sped into a full day of learning what they want to learn.

I've had to learn to trust my kids. And trust my instincts.

You're going to love the life.

Education, Easter and Early Mornings - April 9, 2023

 'No doubt I should have begun hunting a job at once, but I was hungry for books, anxious to be learning, so I rented a room in a small ...